Tuesday, August 30, 2011

How life can change..

I have started to read a new book that is called Beautiful Boy written by David Sheff. Nic, the main character in the book, is a drug addict who doesn't know what he wants to do in life. He is a very troubled young man. His parents are divorced so I'm sure that took a small toll causing him to be in the wrong crowd with drugs, but that's not the entire story. He has gone to numerous hospitals to try and fix his problems, but nothing seems to work. His father, Charles, tries everything possible to help his messed up child, but nothing seems to give. At first, I didn't think anyone was going to help him because he didn't care to try to fix his own problems, but his father was very interested in making sure he didn't die or live on the streets. Everyday I thank God for allowing me to have a wonderful family who cares about me deeply and for not having serious problems that effect me and my family and friends. People all have all types of problems, whether they are big or small, but how people choose to handle them is the main concern. I am very thankful to have parents who would do anything for me and who always look out for me, no matter the situation. We all make bad decisions at times in our life, that's life. But having the support by loved ones is key. Later into the reading, I wasn't surprised to see how many times his dad took Nic to get help. That's what a father's job is. I just don't see why people choose to do drugs, it's messes everything up and to me that is pointless. You can have fun by doing other things, not getting high. Everything can start to change with one wrong decision, and Nic still doesn't understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment